Saturday, January 11, 2014

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Review

Here is the review for the next in the series of Modern Warfare is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 aka "Call of Duty 6". It continues the story left in COD 4 Modern Warfare, and shows the continuation of the previous heroes and what happened to them later. Read on...





Hi readers! Elite in the house with another review of a Call of Duty game, which secured a high score by other websites. Lets see why. Lets first go through the normal protocol:

Genre: First Person Shooter
Published by: Activison
Developed by: Infinity Ward
Released: November, 2007

Score by Audience: No scores submitted yet. Please comment.
Score by Author (Gameplay, Graphics): 8/10
Best Aspect: Multiplayer (solo/co-op), gun warfare


 As the campaign started, I felt a tingle of excitement as I was anxious to see Soap MacTavish again. The story gave us a start with the U.S Marines, which left me in suspense and excitement of seeing what happened to Soap and also I got very surprised after finally seeing our hero's face, as I was wondering how he looked and talked like. The story was kind of a replay of MW1, where I noticed the same types of team partners and missions.

Soap MacTavish, in the flesh

Infinity Ward created Modern Warfare 2 just aiming to sell a continuation for the story of MW1, which was so amazing and awesome that they just had to show the excited gamers the next episodes. Apart from this excitement, the story was very drab and the missions were just random and seemed a replay of Modern Warfare 1. MW1 had shown a great storyline and gameplay while MW2 was just a copy, for example, in the mission where we meet Soap MacTavish, it seemed just like a replay of the mission of Captain Price with Macmillan. The missions started randomly and there were not MUCH starting animations.

Gaz was clearly killed in Modern Warfare 1. Especially for me, his departure left a hole in my heart. I didn’t realize it at the time I finished MW1, but only when I started MW2 did I realize how much I missed him. Infinity Ward wanted to put some suspense in the gamers’ hearts. The similarities of both Ghost and Gaz are immense, like:
  •  Being voiced by the same voice actor, Craig Fairbrass.
  • Having the same colored eyes (blue).
  • The signature quote, "Let's do this."
  • Completing the training course of their respective games with fast times (19 seconds for Gaz, 18.28 seconds for Ghost).
  •  In one mission of their respective games, they must open a door for their team, which takes precious time and the team is under pressure to get through. Gaz has to open a blast door for Captain Price's team, while Price's team needs to get to launch control and deactivate nukes, against time. Ghost has to open a cell door for Soap's team to advance through the Gulag, who's team is under fire from all sides.
  •   Holding the same roles in their team, and being second in command.
  •   Being the right-hand man of their respective captains.
  •   Being killed by the main antagonist with a single shot from a high caliber pistol, on Day 6. In both games, the player watches the execution while lying on the ground.
  •   Being very vocal compared to other squad members.
  •   Being the multiplayer announcer for their respective teams.
  •   They have a head outfit, Ghost wearing sunglasses and masks, Gaz wearing a hat.

Even thus the presence of Ghost does fill up the hole left in my heart. I only realized how much I missed Gaz when I started playing with Ghost. Even though Infinity Ward cleared up the issue by introducing the comic about Ghost, it still leaves some doubt and suspense in my heart whenever I see Ghost, and when I do, it kind of takes me into a flashback. Literally, the first flashback lasted for 2 days, where I would stay up all night thinking, “Damn, Gaz must be alive…OMIGOD GHOST IS GAZ!!”  then denying it again and again. That’s where IW hit me with the emotional flashback. I had to kind of let him go. Forget about it. Forget Gaz, and cherish Ghost to replace him. Soap also gave me a memory of Captain Price and MacMillan and thus the whole game is sort of a replay of MW1. Yet I still didn’t enjoy the replay, other than the appearance of Ghost.

The gameplay is exactly like the older Call of Duty games

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons